THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We save the email contact details of all people enquiring about our yoga classes, workshops or training courses.
Address details of anyone not joining our classes will stay in our ‘enquiries address book’ until the end of our 6 week term, after which they will be contacted to be informed about the subsequent term, at which point they are given the option to remain on the mailing list. If they do not respond to the end of term mailing they will be deleted from our mailing list & address books.
We have no interest in retaining contact details for people not interested in our classes or events.
Everyone joining our classes is required to complete a health questionnaire, as a means to help us keep you safe in the classes and to qualify our professional indemnity cover, i.e. to be seen by the insurer as taking every effort to maintain your safety.
If you leave the classes, we keep the health questionnaire on record for 2 terms of absence, in case you decide to return, after which they are deleted or destroyed. If you subsequently re-join the classes, you will be required to complete a new questionnaire, for the reasons stated above.
We require you to complete an updated health questionnaire every 2 years, so that we’re aware of any health issues that might impact upon us maintaining your safety.
Any questionnaires older than 2 years are deleted & destroyed.
There is a statement on the health questionnaire advising that signing the document agrees to our privacy statement, which is available clearly here on our website.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
The information requested in the health questionnaire enables us to:
- Contact attendees of our classes, to advise them of changes to the class schedules (e.g. cancellations), the start of new terms and forthcoming, related events.
- To keep you safe and healthy andapply our techniques appropriately with full knowledge of your health situation and experience.
- To fully understand what you are looking for from your yoga practice, so we can design our classes appropriately.
We use your contact details to:
- Advise you when there are 2 weeks and then 1 week remaining of term, to give ample notice for catch up classes to be booked and taken, so you don’t lose out.
- To give existing students first option to re-book and retain their place before we allow new students to take their place.
- In the first week of term, reminding students who booked that the term is starting.
- To advise of any changes to the usual teaching schedule.
- The only information that you will ever receive from us will be related to the new yoga term, schedule changes and, (as part of that communication) forthcoming, related event, i.e. we list all our holidays, workshops and courses in our email sign-off.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We will never share your personal details with 3rdparty companies.
Given the nature of our activities, in case of our absence when our class is being covered by a colleague, we may on occasion need to share limited health information in order to ensure your safety in the classes.
SECURITY FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Your address details are password protected on our system.
Any health questionnaires submitted by email are kept on our password protected system.
Any hard copy health questionnaires submitted are either scanned in and kept on our system (see above) or kept securely under lock and key.
COOKIES & OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
There are cookies on our website but they do not store data.
YOUR CHOICES / OPT OUT
Naturally, you have the right to opt out of receiving our communications at any time by emailing us at the address below.
We have links on our website to business partners and colleagues but we have no control over their websites or links there-on
CHANGES TO POLICY